Friday, June 8, 2007

The Looming

So the deadline is looming now, as deadlines are likely to do. ArtScene #2 is officially hitting the press on Monday, and officially out on the streets on Wednesday. The layout is trucking along at a good pace, thanks for asking, with only about four pages left to rough out before I have to settle into the nit-picky stuff. Like, for example, what's going on the cover.

Which, yes, should probably be done by now. But isn't. I just can't seem to find an image that grabs me properly, and I'm beginning to think I may have to go with a different front page feature story. I'm against going theatre on the front, as it was our big feature last month, which really only leaves the festival tour guide story. And unfortunately a lot of that is promoing a lot of out-of-town goings-on. Not sure I want to make that a big feature either.

No need to stress. There's still some time.

Locked in the DVD review pages last night. For those curious, the films reviewed this issue are:

The Fountain
Deliver Us From Evil
Pan's Labyrinth
Factotum
Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus
Death of a President
Bubba Ho-Tep (the arguable classic for this issue).

What did we think of the films? Well, obviously, you're going to have to wait until ArtScene #2 hits the streets to find out. But I will tell you this: There was some considerable debate over the quality of The Fountain.

No comments: